Moving with pets can be a very daunting task as pets are very adverse to change, which moving is a BIG change. By following a few simple tips, you can make the process a little easier for you and easier on your pet(s).
- Take them for a long walk or run. This will help tire them out and help them keep more calm when the moving process begins.
- Give them their favorite toy to help distract them from the moving process.
- If all else fails you can have a friend or neighbor watch them during the actual move.
- The easiest thing to do is to have them in their travel case as they will often try to hide. The last thing you want is for them to to hide in something that gets packed, especially if it is a long distance move.
- Make sure they are fed and have had plenty of water.
- Put a toy in their carry case to keep them entertained and distracted.